Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Greetings!

Hello Team 31,

My name is Rachel Robinson and I am excited to be your faculty mentor this fall. I'm a professor in the Comparative and Regional Studies division of SIS, and my work is on population and health issues in sub-Saharan Africa. Luckily my research provides many opportunities for exciting travel! The class you're most likely to be able to take from me is SIS 206 - research methods in international relations - but I may teach other courses in my specialty areas in the future. I just started at AU last fall - before that, I lived in Berkeley, California.

I'm set to meet you all in two weeks, on Oct. 8. We have some money to spend, so I'm soliciting ideas for how we should spend it. I thought in particular it would be fun to get off campus. If you have ideas, please let Laura or me (robinson@american.edu) know.

I look forward to meeting you all soon!

- Prof. Robinson

No comments: